Welcome to Holy Family this Pentecost. Come Holy Spirit and fill our hearts...
We recently watched a wonderful video called 'Lights in the Night' where they used a combination of photos and candles to create a sense of the congregation, even though no person was present. On Pentecost Sunday, we arranged candles all through the pews, where people would usually have been sitting, so that we were all present in spirit, with the Spirit.
CLICK HERE to watch the 'Lights in the Night' video.
We’d like your help with a survey.
The University of York are asking for our opinions about how the church locally and nationally has responded to the Covid-19 crisis. The answers you give are anonymous and will be treated confidentially, so you can feel free to express your opinions. A wide range of views is essential to build a complete picture. We’re very grateful for your help as always! Please CLICK HERE
See Praying Together ...
Archbishop's Video Message for Pentecost
Archbishop Malcolm has prepared a video message for Pentecost.
CLICK HERE to listen to it.
Money - always a difficult subject
Whilst the church has been closed for several weeks, and likely to stay closed for several more, we have been asked by many regular envelope givers 'What can we do to maintain our giving in the light of the present situation?'. We're giving a few suggestions:
- Take out a standing order with your bank. If you contact us we can provide the bank details you need and a form to complete.
- And if you are a taxpayer, help us more by completing a GiftAid form, so that what you give can be increased by 25% at absolutely no cost to you.
- The Archdiocese have just started an online giving page which is quick and easy to use, for both single donations and regular payments, based on your credit card. CLICK HERE to take you to their page and input form.
- The Archdiocese have also initiated a system of text giving from your mobile phone. CLICK HERE for the details.
- If you do not have internet access or are uncomfortable with these methods please contact us and we will make other arrangements to suit you
You can understand that we still have outgoings to be paid, and we pride ourselves on prompt payment to our suppliers.
Thank you for your assistance.
'A people who hope in Christ'
CLICK HERE for a message from the 5 Metropolitan Bishops of England & Wales and are from the Archdioceses of Westminster, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff and Southwark.
Have a look at our page for interesting and feel good stuff... It's not all doom and gloom!
Please join us at our online services which have certainly helped to bring us a little closer together.
For more information go to our 'Praying Together' page...
A prayer of St Vincent de Paul, for those who live alone:
I live alone dear Lord,
Be thou my guide.
In all my daily needs
Stay by my side.
Spare me from fire, from flood,
From thieves, from fear
And evil ones.
If sickness or an accident befall
Then humbly, Lord, I pray,
Hear, thou my call.
And when I am feeling low,
Or in despair,
Lift up my heart
And help me in my prayer.
I live alone, dear lord,
Yet have no fear,
Because I feel your presence
Ever near. Pray for us.
Finally let me say "Christmas cards". Yes you did hear right, I said "Christmas cards".
We have quite a few cards donated by members of the parish, and saved from last Christmas, specially for the purpose of recycling into ... more Christmas cards. It'll be here before you know it! So don't delay, if you need something just to give you a purpose, and you find you've got some spare time, contact the Parish Office with your name and address and we'll drop round a pack (or two) together with card blanks and envelopes and a glue stick. Your creativity will do the rest. You can give us a donation for Queenscourt Hospice, The Youth Pilgrimage to Lourdes, or, if you prefer, return the completed cards and we will use them in the Parish, or to raise funds for the Parish. Give it a try, you know you want to!
- Text MASSHOLYFAMILY to 70085 to donate £2. Texts cost £2 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS.
If you’d like to give £2 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text MASSHOLYFAMILYNOINFO to 70085.
- Text MASSHOLYFAMILY to 70450 to donate £3. Texts cost £3 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS.
If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text MASSHOLYFAMILYNOINFO to 70450.
- Text MASSHOLYFAMILY to 70460 to donate £5. Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS.
If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text MASSHOLYFAMILYNOINFO to 70460.
- Text MASSHOLYFAMILY to 70470 to donate £10. Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS.
If you’d like to give £10 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text MASSHOLYFAMILYNOINFO to 70470.